The types of personal information we collect
- We collect certain personal information about users and visitors of our site.
- The most common types of information we collect include things like: user names, members names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information like as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, forum comments (if applicable), content you direct to us to make visible or available on our Site (e.g. item descriptions ), your actions/activities on our Site (including any selections or inputs into items or elements) and email analytics data (info.).
How we collect personal information
- We directly collect personal information when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site, or through other person when you use services associated with the Sites.
- When you complete your registration for membership and provide or buy items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, list of emails, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication then we collect your personal information.
Personal information we collect about you from others
- Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular
- transaction and/or financial details from payment providers located in various area or country (such as BD, US, UK, and Australia) in order to process a transaction;
- other third party sources/and or partners, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and compare it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service. We also receive information about you and your activities on and off the IQSA Theme platform through memberships, or about your experiences and activities from our partner ad networks. We also receive information about you as a rights holder from our third party authors. For example, information in the form of a model release when your image is used in an item made visible or available on our Sites.
How we use personal information
We’ll use your personal information
- To take steps linked to a contract, or fulfil a contact with you: in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our IQSA Theme marketplace
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- To operate the Sites;
- providing services to you that described on the Sites;
- identification of your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to inform you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to make improve the Sites and services we provided to you (for more effective and useful).
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potentially fraudulent and criminal activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites and others terms also;
- managing our familiarity with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or asking for your feedback, queries submitted to us on the Sites;
- managing our operational and legal affairs or contract;
- improving our services and products;
- providing performance and administrative functions and activities.
- Where you give us agreement:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel you may interest; and
- Required by law to collect which for various purpose.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
We will disclose your personal information to the following recipients:
- companies that are in the IQSA Theme group which are located in Bangladesh;
- if applicable, authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who may be located in any of the countries our products are available in;
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers, technical and customer support, recruitment agencies, marketing and analytics services, security and fraud prevention services, subscription management services, payment processing services, identification verification services, operational tooling services which are located in Bangladesh. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries (if available) in which they have operations;
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.);
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- other recipients where we are authorized or required by law, or requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities, to do so.
How we keep your personal information secure
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, data encryption and many technologies where appropriate.
Marketing choices regarding your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you those in marketing purpose by email about products and services that we feel may be you’re interested. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you wouldn’t prefer to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- You could have choices about cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, or to reject all cookies. While you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work in your case properly.
Information about children
- Our Sites don't seem to be appropriate for kids underneath the age of 16 years, therefore if you're underneath 16 we have a tendency to raise that you simply don't provide us your personal data (if you're a young school going, please direct your nearest accountable adult to use the Sites for you!). If you're from 16 to 18 years, you'll browse the Sites however you’ll want the management of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to watch their children’s use of our Sites.
Information you make public or give to others
- We can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that data, if you make your personal information available to other people. There are lots of ways that you can find yourself providing information to other people, like when you post a public message on a forum thread, share information via social media, or make contact with another user (such as a third party Author) whether via our Sites or directly via email. Before making your information publicly available or giving your information to anyone else, think carefully.
How long we keep your personal information
How you can contact us
- If you have any questions about our privacy plicies or the way in which we have been managing your personal information or monitoring your activities, please contact our privacy manager in writing at PO Box 16122 or email@example.com.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
- You are additionally entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, ordinarily used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or prohibit its process. You furthermore might have the rights to object to some to process that is based on our legitimate interests, such as identification that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your information, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your agreement.
- Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
- If you have undetermined concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the claimed breaches has occurred.