The low down! The nuts and bolts of IQSA Theme License
- Under your IQSA Theme subscription, you are granted a license to use the Item on a non-exclusive, commercial, worldwide and unstable basis for each digital work (called an ‘Item’) that you download and Registered, applicable for one Single Use per Registration. Remember, for using an Item of IQSA Theme you must have a valid and live subscription. What is a Single Use, and the license time periods for different item types, are explained earlier.
- The Single Use license and Registration approach is crucial to allow us to fairly allocate subscription earning among the authors who make their Items available on IQSA Theme market.
- A Single Use is the installation of the Item on your device for fonts and add-ons. The license starts when you Register the installation, and then you can use the font or add-on in creating as many projects as you like, for as long as your IQSA Theme subscription remains active. There are more licensing details for fonts and add-ons below.
- A Single Use is the use of the Item to create End Product (requiring an application of effort and skill) for Items other than fonts and add-ons in one of the following ways:
- The End product is a customized implementation of an item that is a template.
- For an Item that is an audio item, the End Product is a sync of the music with an audio-visual or audio-only work that includes the Item as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and various in nature than the Item.
- For other types of Items, an End Product is a work that includes the Item as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and various in nature than the Item.The license starts when you Register for using the item and then the license is only valid if you complete the End Product while your subscription is active. Then the license continues for the life of the End Product.You simply need to Register for using each of the item, but for all items you can have more than one Single Use.
- Each and every license incorporates the right to utilize the Item through communication to the public, broadcast, display, distribution and reproduction. But only as a part of the End Product which you’ve created with the Item. Read clauses 17 and 18 for special limitations on these rights in respects of the audio Items.